Twenty-Nine years ago I had Deanna Banna Boo. (Deanna Marie). She was my last, I didn't know that at the time and I was very tired. I did know that. She was a beautiful little red head, but the most amazing thing was that she had hair. Hair is something that we don't usually get on our babies in the family. (Instead of losing her hair it just grow in platinum)
She was 8lbs and 21 inches long. My biggest baby. She was so fun. She walk @ 8 months. She had to keep up with her brother and sister you know.
At six weeks old she got pneumonia, she was in the hospital for 6 days. Talk about being sacred, I was terrified. She bounced back pretty fast and the only lasting effects were her teeth came in with decay spots, she lost her 4 front teeth at the age of 3 and a half. Because of that she had a speech problem but she was great. She treated us like we were the once with the problem. She never stopped talking like some kids do. She was so smart, she would "work" with us to make us understand her.
She was a responsible child too. When we got the Big Blue Van (Weikum's Bus) I assigned seats to the kids. Amanda got the back seat because she read, Doug got the seat behind the driver and Deanna the seat next to the door. Because I knew I could trust her to leave the door alone.
When she was in Jr High she made some very smart personal choices that I have always been very proud of her for.
She has always been so fun to be with. I know that is why she is so missed when she is not with the rest of us.
Her senior year she was the only one home, she and I had so much fun. I loved picking her up from school. She would pop into the car and tell me what fun thing she had done that day. We would laugh and then go to Rocket Mart. (When we moved from 1503 I know that their profits went down big time). I know I am rambleing but as I have contemplated my youngest turning 29 I realize that I am so very proud of all my children and that they are the most awesome young people.
You have all made David and I look good.
Thanks you for all that you have done for your dad and I.
We love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment