Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nena the Pinta and the Santa Maria.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. The turkey is in the fridge thawing and the dressing is in the boxes in the pantry. I'm getting excited for the holidays this year.

I am grateful that my Mom is still with us this year and that her health has almost returned. A year ago we had just found out that my Mom had lung cancer. The Dr. said that if we did not start treatment immediately she would not make til Christmas. Of course treatment was started before we left Spokane. Mom endured many months of very strong and terrible chemo and radiation. She lost her hair. She got down to about 90 pounds. She has gotten stronger but is still very weak and susceptible to germs but she is still with us and we are hoping that she will be able to spend the Holiday's with us again this year.

I am very grateful for the pilgrims that came to this Continent. The first setters came here to pursue religious freedom. The hardships that they endured were so great.


I am grateful for family and friends to share the holidays with. This year we will have a houseful and its going to be great.
Happy Turkey Day. See you all later. Love to all.

No comments: