Gratitude!
#1. Tomorrow is veterans day. We had one of the most moving assemblies that I have attended today at school. December 7th 1941 (Peral Harbor Day) one of the speackers was an 8 year old boy living on Peral Harbor. His dad was stationed on a ship there. He told us of making eye contact with one of the bombers as he flow over. His older brother pulled him into the house and he promptly ran out the back and saw the Arizona blow up. One of the other paras told me that his grandfather was an 18 year old seaman that was pulling people out of the water during the attack. These two stories moved me very much. We come from a long line of veterans. Grandpa Christiansen was in WWI, as was Grandpa Simon Esser. My Dad was in at the end of WWII and then again in the Koren Conflict. And of course David was in Viet Nam. The sacrifices that have been made for us to have the freedom to vote and go to church and all the other freedoms that we have in this country is one of the many things that I am so very grateful for. May God Bless all those serving now. Thank You!
#2. Yesterday I said I was thankful for my children. At the time I was lumping my two extra children in with them but as I read it this morning I realized it was not apparent. So I am adding Kristina and Jon. I feel so very blessed to have these two special people in our family. I can not imagine our family with out them.
#3. This one is small and very silly. My garage. I love not having to scrape windows or warm up cars. I know this is a very small thing. But I still love it.
Thank you Katie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YOU are awesome. I'm going to have to steal #1 for today. Both stories brought tears to my eyes. And GOOOO garages.
I second the garages!! I love getting in my car when it's nasty outside from the comfort of my garage. I sometimes feel bad for Alex having to park outside.
Post a Comment