It is Veterans day and I have the day off. I took tomorrow off too because I have a couple of Dr's. Appointments.
#1 I am grateful for modern transportation. My Grandpa Christiansen left his family in Denmark for America when he was 20 years old. His Brother Chris came with him and one sister came over later. He never returned to Denmark. He never saw the rest of his 11 brothers and sisters again. Nor did he see his Mother and Father either. I know how I felt when Doug left on his mission and I knew I would not see him for 2 years, and I think of my grandfather and all the early pioneers that left families and friends to never see them again. The heartache they most of had at saying good bye and knowing that they would most likely never see there loved ones again. I am so very grateful for the sacrifices that were made to settle this country.
#2 Hot and cold running water. For some reason we have had the pilot light on the water heater go out a few times this last month. Hot showers are so fantastic. I remember when we moved to the farm and we had to hall water from Mesa. We had a 500 gallon tank on the back of a truck. We heated water for everything.
#3 I am grateful for indoor plumbing. When we moved to the farm Dad and Grandpa built the pole barn first and closed one end of that in and we lived in that for about 3 or 4 years. The outhouse was at the other end of the pole barn, and it was very dark at night. My eight year old brother hated having to walk his 4 year old sister to the outhouse in the middle of the night. I can't say that I blame him. So technically that is 4 things I am grateful for, because I am grateful for my brother for taking me.
I am slowly trying to get the rest of this blog set up but I'm not as techie as I would like to be and it takes me longer to figure things out. and I am just stubborn enough that I don't like to always ask Kristina for help. I will I just put it off. till she has more things to fix that she would have had I just asked in the first place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your blog looks great! I love reading what you and Kris post every day as your three gratitude items. It gives me more ideas for my lists. :-)
I love it! I'll help anytime! I love being on the computer.
Post a Comment