The sun is shinning and it is 24 out, but it's a beautiful day. The kids are still sick, runny noses and a cough. I don't think we have anymore fevers.
I do have a good "David Story" to tell. Jeff at the RV store told me this yesterday. Last week David was taking this couple on a test drive in a motor home. Everything was going great and they were on their way back to the dealership. The light changed on the freeway and court street exit (David was driving). He went to step on his break and could not find it because the carpet was over the break. His only comment was, "CarpetCarpetCarpetCarpet." He found the break and stopped out in the middle of the intersection. The guy riding shotgun looked at him and said "I have diabetes. But you almost gave me a heart attack."
#1. Which brings to the first thing I am thankful for. A sense of humor. Live is full of challenges and without the ability to laugh at ourselves and about things it would be very hard.
#2. Pictures. I was on the laptop last night and there was a picture of Kyah when she was little as the wall perper. So I went to pictures on that computer and was looking at the pictures of Lucas when he was a tiny baby. They were fantastic. Pictures bring back memories of good times.
#3. Gas prices dropping.
#4. Grand kids. Watching them and listening to them tell me about their day.
#5. Laughter...laughter can make the most difficult day go easier. Friday was a hard day. The other 2 paras were gone, we had subs for them but our classroom is very hard for a sub to come into. The Autistic boy doesn't handle change well. I am not his main para, but I was the only one left. He knows that I think most of the things he does are very funny. So he was giving me a run for my money. And he was laughing big time. I was drained at the end of the day but it was still a very funny day and all I could do was laugh.
#6. Great co-workers. I know their the best but when they are gone I know it all the more.
Have a very fantastic Turkey day. I'll try to take pictures and get them on the blog. But no promises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment